Switch the clock of the stove from Fahrenheit to Celsius
- Select a mode with the selector switch
- Choose a temperature. It is important that the temperature on the display is blinking. If not, turn the temperature button up or down.
- Press and hold the temperature button until it beeps, the temperature will change from F to C or vice versa.
The stove clock indicates the code: N - - 0
The child lock is activated. To unlock it, press and hold the oven's temperature button for 5 seconds.
Analogue clock makes a weird sound
Please contact our service department for further advice.
The sound signal of the digital clock is inaudible
You can adjust the sound level with the minus (-) sign on the clock. There are three levels.
Burners don't ignite, it takes too long before they ignite, or they don't ignite completely
- Have the decorative covers been removed (only with brass burners), are you igniting it on the lowest level?
- Are the burners straight?
If everything is ok and the problem persists, please contact our service department.
There are stains on the aluminium burner caps
- The caps have a shiny layer when the appliance is supplied, which will fade after use and cleaning.
- Are the burners straight? If not, place them correctly, because this might cause discolouring too.
The oven doesn't heat up properly, or unevenly.
- Large oven: is the clock set to manual control?
- Small oven: is the stove correctly connected?
- In case of uneven heating: are you using the convection mode?
If this doesn't help, please contact our service department.
Large oven isn't working
- Is the clock running correctly, is it set to manual control?
- Does the outlet provide power?
- Adjust digital clock to manual control with the second and third button.
- Adjust analogue clock to manual control with the button.
Is the oven still not working? Please contact our service department.
Pan supports are becoming ugly, turning white, are corroding
- Have they been in the dishwasher, how are they cleaned?
- Do you dry them sufficiently after?
Please contact our service department in case your problem has not been solved.
How should a stove or hob be installed electrically?
- 1-phase (220V) for appliances with a power of maximum 3.6 kW
- 2-phase (230V) for appliances with a power of maximum 7.2 kW
- 3-phase (230V) for appliances with a power of maximum 10.8 kW
If the power is higher than 10.8 kW, the fuses in the meter box should be increased to 20A/25A. See also the user manuals.
Is it possible to convert a cooker with a gas cooking surface to an induction or ceramic cooking surface?
No, it is not possible to convert a gas cooking surface to an induction or ceramic surface.
The burners are difficult to ignite
By removing the decorative covers of the burners, they will ignite better. In addition, cleaning the spark plugs could also solve this.
Burners of the GK hob aren't working
If there are drawers underneath the hob, there is a chance that the flames will die due to a temporary lack of oxygen when these are opened.
Burner ignites, but doesn't stay on
Thermocouple isn't working properly. Keep the ignition button pressed longer, and make sure to keep the thermocouple clean.
Should the supplied air vent be installed with a stove?
These should always be installed if it's a gas operated oven. In case it's an electrical oven, we still advise installing it, to prevent discolouring of the rear wall.
What gas pressure applies to natural gas in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany?
- The Netherlands has a gas pressure of 25 mbar for natural gas and 30 mbar for bottled gas/butane/propane.
- Belgium has a gas pressure of 30 mbar for bottled gas/butane/propane. The natural gas pressure varies per region.
- Germany has a gas pressure of 50 mbar for bottled gas/butane/propane.
Do the stoves/hobs come with a connection cable?
Single-phase appliances do, multi-phase appliances don't. Exception is BKIF-58, which does come with a connection cable. Furthermore, the electrical installation must always be performed by an authorised installer
The light inside the oven doesn't work
For stoves with an oven switch with pizza setting, you need to push the button.
Food blackens on top but stays soft at the bottom
You are likely using an oven pan that's too big, causing insufficient air ventilation.
Noise complaints for induction
If you are using a lower-quality pan, this may cause a lot of noise. Simply using a different pan often solves the issue.
Every 10 seconds the number 6 flashes (showroom mode)
- Press the minus (-) button, then additionally the bell, then additionally the plus (+).
- Keep all three pressed for 5 seconds, after that the beeping of the showroom mode will be turned off.
Oven indicates the code: N-O
Hold down the thermostat button for at least 5 seconds and the message will disappear.